Mihai, the photographer
Born in Timisoara and living in Antwerp for the past decade, I’m passioned about everything that has to do with imagery. So it came as little surprise that photography became my obsession after finishing my thesis on computer vision in 2012.
I love low-light, long exposure and wide angle photography that sits just beyond the border of what our eyes can see, a feeling I try to convey through my works. I can spend hours waiting to get the perfect shot, testing the patience of my companions and friends in the process.
While cityscapes remain my first love, being connected to memories from the streets and rooftops of Singapore, Dubai or London, my interest for landscape photography has sparked after visiting the fantastic landscapes of Isle of Skye in Scotland and Death Valley in California.
I’ll be happy to hear from you, so head to the Contact page and drop me a message for any questions related to collaboration, prints, licensing etc.
- The Paradox in Kunst in ‘t Kasteel, Antwerp, Belgium, 2019
- Silver and Bronze awards in the Amateur Nature and Built Environment categories of the EPSON International Pano Awards 2020 and 2021.
- Special Prize Vieri Bottazzini in the Landscape category of Concorso Fotografico ImagO 2020, Orbetello, Italy
- Honorable Mention in the Fine Art-Landscape category of the 2020 and 2021 editions of the International Photography Awards.
- Honorable Mention at the International Photography Awards One Shot / Movement photo contest, 2020
- Finalist in the Landscape category of Concorso Fotografico ImagOrbetello 2019, International Photography Festival at Orbetello, Italy
- Expressions of Ice 4×4 Portfolio, OnLandscape Magazine, Issue 211, 2020